Selling a Home in the Lexington Area
Avoid one of the biggest mistakes when selling a home: prepare it before listing it!
Selling a home is not complicated, but it does take effort. If you want to get the best price for your home or property, you’ll need to do more than simply put a ‘For Sale’ sign out front and enter it on MLS. Effectively marketing your home begins long before that and involves much more. Did you know that one of the biggest mistakes folks make when selling their home is listing it before it’s ready? In a competitive market, where new homes for sale are added daily, your listing needs to stand out. A good Realtor will provide honest feedback and clear direction on preparing your house.
We offer a resource here:
Sometimes the ideal buyer will be out of state, or perhaps even in another country. To ensure your home gets noticed, and sells without a hitch, consider working with a top professional. It could mean the difference between no sale, and the payoff you’ve been waiting for.
Five reasons to sell your home with a United Real Estate REALTOR® (or what am I really paying you for?)
The answer: Expertise, Connections, Systems & Time. What does that look like to you?
- We sell with a custom marketing plan that begins BEFORE your home is listed. Every home is different and every seller has unique goals. We have the expertise to evaluate your situation put our market knowledge to work for you.
- Staging and/or preparing your house is part of the marketing! We have the expertise to recommend work that will help move your house quickly and we’re connected to service providers that can help make it happen.
- We have the systems to get your home listed and talked about everywhere, not just in the local paper and on your street.
- We save you time by taking care of the paperwork for you. In addition, we’ll handle all the details along the selling process, e.g., meet buyers for showings, meet inspector, appraiser, or any other service provider.
- Again, our expertise it put to work during the negotiating process. Let’s face it; selling a home can be an emotional process. Having an experienced professional negotiating on your behalf can get the best price for your house and make sure the contract makes it to closing.
“So, when should you talk to a Realtor®?”
I believe the sooner the better. A good Realtor will help you pinpoint the features of your home to highlight and those that need improvement. Remember, the home you’re selling is different than the home where you live and it takes an objective, experienced eye to know how your house measures up to its competition.
“But won’t I be pestered to no end if I call an agent before I’m ready to put up the sign?”
I promise to answer your questions so you can decide the best course of action for you. It’s your house and your dream being pursued. I’m just here to help in any way I can; it’s my job (and a great one at that!). No pressure. No obligation. In the meantime, get a weekly “To Do” list to get your house ready to market for the best price by signing up on this page!
I look forward to speaking with you soon.